Sunday, November 7, 2010

I was wondering if I would still have dental insurance?

I am currently in school and have been for 4 years. My dad has been paying out of pocket to get my teeth cleaned and what not, but he doesnt quite understand why I dont have dental insurance and I am in college. I just need to know what i should do?
--------------------
Dental insurance is DIFFERENT from regular insurance. He has to ask his dental insurance what age they cover up to. My parents had one that covered me until 18 and then my dad's company switched plans and I was later covered up til age 23. Many cover only to 18 or 23. Doesnt matter if you are in school only, your age also matters to dental insurance companies. Try visiting a dental hygiene school or dental college for cheaper cleanings. My dental hygiene school had its own professional clinic and it was 25 dollars for a cleaning AND xrays at no additional cost! (this is in massachusetts). It takes several hours / appointments but you get the most thorough exam and cleaning ever at a low cost. Perfect for students and retired people. Anyone with time. www.ada.org to find dental hygiene colleges or dental colleges in your state (call dental hygiene schools first to ask if they have a public clinic).
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment