Wednesday, November 3, 2010

If a dentist office failed to completely verify your dental insurance, should you pay for the bill?

I went to a new dentist and thought I was completely covered under my mom's dental insurance. They appearently thought I was too, so I signed a statement which came to $0!!! I didn't have to pay for anything, I'm covered, that's what they told me. Ok, so then I get a call saying I'm not covered at all, so now I have to pay for the whole bill. Am I responsible for their mistake? I have already paid for half.
--------------------
YOU are responsible for knowing what YOUR coverage is, not the dentist. They look up the info to cover their own @ss from people like you who dont think they should pay for their treatment if they are not covered....they dont look it up for YOU. Had they seen that you were not covered they probably would have billed you upfront.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment