Monday, November 8, 2010

Why are dental insurance plans so bad?

Does anyone know why dental insurance plans are so bad? My husband works for the federal government and has United Concordia dental plan and it is horrible. The dental my job offers is no better and I have a state job. The dental insurance plan we have is not cheap but the plan doesn't cover much and actually it is covering less than what it covered 1 year ago and our premiums went up. I really don't know anyone in the private sector who has a decent dental plan either. Why is dental insurance so horrible? Dental insurance is not a luxury and people with families need dental but can't afford to go even with insurance.
--------------------
I know EXACTLY what you mean. I'm self employed and for us to get dental would actually cost more then any amount I would spend at the dentist without insurance. I have NEVER had good coverage, and most of the plans I find online are bootleg. Thank God I have been going to the same dentist for 20 plus years and he cuts me a break on some stuff and lets me pay whatever I want on the bill.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment