Friday, November 19, 2010

Would it be cheaper for me to purchase dental insurance?

I don't have health coverage, but I have a bunch of cavities... I am only 22, and would like to keep my teeth for a long time. I talked to our dentist and he said it would be a bout 150 dollars per cavity, but I only 600 dollars a month, and I have fouride deficiency. Any advice?
--------------------
Your best bet is probably going to be to sign up for a discount plan like Careington- it isn't the same as insurance, but you do get discounts. Actual dental insurance plans usually have a really low maximum they will pay for the year, AND you would have a waiting period. Or, if you live anywhere near a dental school, you can check with them to see if they have a clinic for their students. Often that will be a lot cheaper, and the work should be supervised by a licensed dentist..
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment