Sunday, December 5, 2010

Dental Insurance for Canadians in Manitoba?

I'm looking for a good & cheap dental insurance. I'm 18 but I make only 2k a month so I don't want to end up spending up my whole salary year round on my teeth.. I'm not really sure what to do because I usually need 1-3 fillings a visit to the dentist which is 3 times a year. Any suggestions? I stopped eating sugar last month but I'm still worried :\
--------------------
Sugar doesn't cause cavities... bacteria causes cavities. The bacteria is the plaque on your teeth and it uses sugars and carbohydrate as a food source. Make sure you are effectively removing the plaque, and using fluoride toothpaste 2 times a day. Chew gum with Xylitol in in throughout the day. If you would like more information, Google "caries disease". Cavities are holes caused by caries disease, which is an infectious bacteria disease (that means you can pass the bacteria that causes cavities to loved ones). Check out the Canadian dental asssociation for lots of information on oral health.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment