Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Dental insurance or no? Cost of a crown?

I had a horrible experience at my last dentist visit because they seemed to delibrately find things wrong with my teeth like the "free brake inspection" ploy. They found reasons for me to have further dental work done from a filling to a crown. Well, after a year of thinking I'm somewhat worried about my front tooth because there is a hairline crack running through it but when x-rayed, it did not show. I have no pain or sensitivity in that tooth. I no longer have dental insurance and all the plans I've looked at require a waiting period of about 12 months until I am partially covered for a crown. I don't want to wait that long because I'm afraid this crack can spread to my root at anytime. I don't know what to do? Are there any alternative dental plans where there are no waiting periods? Or should I just pay out of pocket money? Also, does anyone happen to know the average cost for a top quality crown? This is my front tooth we're talking about here and I want the very best.
--------------------
Do you have a dental school in the area? Since it is your front tooth, they may have a teacher do the work. My brother did this when he was young and unemployed. At least they would consult with you and give you some qualified answers.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment