Wednesday, December 15, 2010

My job doesn't provide Dental Insurance but I need it, help please.?

I need to go to the dentist but am probably going to have to pay out of my own pocket. Is there a way I can pay for my own insuance and not have to empty my bank account. Can I sign up with Delta Dental or something like that and pay monthly??
--------------------
There are individual plans available, however you are better off saving your money and paying as you go. Generally these health plans have waiting periods (12 months) for certain procedures. When you add up the monthly cost and compare your annual premium versus what it costs for a couple of cleanings and x-rays it generally costs you more with insurance. Keep in mind the insurance is designed to make them money, and the premium includes sales commission for the broker, administrative costs, and general overhead for the insurance company. If you have a plan that is partially or fully funded by an employer than it's a great deal. It generally doesn't make sense to pay for it yourself. Contact a dentist and discuss what they charge and compare it with other dentists to make sure you get the best value for your money.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment