Friday, December 31, 2010

In need of a good dental insurance plan in South Florida.

I desperately need braces but I can't afford them, neither can my parents. I have two teeth that I call my shark teeth because they grew in back of my normal line of teeth. One on the top, and one on the bottom. So it bothers the hell out of my tongue and I can't stand it anymore. I'm always getting those annoying sore taste buds, like one would get if they bite their tongue, on my tongue because one of my "shark teeth" is my fang so it hurts like hell. I need to fix my teeth but I'll need a good dental insurance plan that covers a big percentage of the cost of my braces. And it cant be just a dental discount plan, those on average only discount 25% and I need more than that. I'm 17, I live with my parents and they'll be paying for it, but it will only be a single plan, not a family plan. I live in South Florida. So if anyone can give me the name of a great insurance plan, then you'll be a miracle worker. Thank you.
--------------------
Sorry, but I'm not a miracle worker. I just have the facts. Very few individual dental insurance plans will cover braces because they are considered cosmetic. However, some will if the dentist says that braces are a medical necessity and there are no other options. The other options would be pulling the teeth and placing a bridge, which means if that is possible the braces won't be covered even if you don't want your teeth pulled. How long can you wait for the braces? All dental insurance plans have a waiting period before you can get full benefits. The plans that may cover your braces in the right circumstances will have a waiting period of 12 to 24 months. They also will only cover a percentage - usually 50% up to the yearly maximum. Most better plans have a yearly maximum of $1500. A visit to a local agent that works with all the major plans in your area will be beneficial because the agent can find out if any plans will cover braces. There is no extra charge using an agent. So in the best case scenario you can find a plan that will cover your braces. You'll pay the $40 - $60 premium for at least 12 months before you can get the braces. Say the braces cost $5000. The plan picks up 50% up to $1500 so they pay $1500 and you pay $3500 plus the premium, or around $3800. With a discount plan the premium will be around $100 per year. You will get a discount of 25% off of the braces so you pay $3750 plus the $100 premium, or around $3850. Comes out to about the same out of pocket cost but you don't have to wait. I'm an insurance agent and sell both insurance and discount plans. My personal plan is the fee for service discount plan which you can get here http://www.dpbrokers.com/default.aspx?lo… specifically the Aetna Dental Access plan but which one you get depends upon your area and comparing the fee schedule to find the best for what you need covered.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment