Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Dental/Dentist/Insurance Question???

So maybe I am a person that loves to save money but so what...I simply don't want to spend money on the things that we don't need to. Two yrs ago my DH spent over 7K on his teeth (deep cleanings, porcelains, etc). Well now they want more money because apparently they need to perform the same procedure on the back teeth which they didn't do before. I am 6 months pregnant, we're planning for me to stay at home after the baby so we're trying to save as much as we can. My open enrollment at work starts in July so I can add DH to dental and he'll have another $1500 to use but I am going on maternity after that so the coverage will only be in July and not after that since we won't take Cobra for it later.The dentist refused to bill the insurance for it and demanded my husband pays cash because it takes 3 months to pay or something ands aid that DH shouldn't wait till July. I don't think its true, I think he just wants upfront money and not have to wait. What are your thoughts?
--------------------
Most dentist do make patients pay ahead of time. Keeping in mind that they are going to bill you for the actual cost, not what is going to be discounted if they participate with your Insurance company. You will also want to get with your Insurance company and see what the coverage for those services are. Depending on your plan, it could be covered at a lesser amount then you think or not at all. Your insurance will be billed and it will be paid based on your plan, most likely you will have over paid the Dentist. (I see it happen all the time!) Its really hard to get your money back from them also. Most of the time they say they will just apply the credit to your next visit! So it is really up to you what you would like to do. <--- works for health insurance company!
Source

1 comment:

  1. I wish more authors of this type of content would take the time you did to research and write so well. I am very impressed with your vision and insight.
    no waiting period dental insurance

    ReplyDelete