Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Secondary insurance for Invisalign treatment?

I am planning to get myself Invisalign and looks like it a costly affair.My dental insurance has an orthodontic maximum of 1500, can I get a secondary insurance to cover the rest of the amount not covered by my primary?
--------------------
Probably won't be able to find one. Most policies do not coordinate benefits that way. If the primary has a benefit of $1,500 and the secondary has a max of $2,000 then the secondary might pick up a portion of the $500 difference. But there are waiting periods, and such. It wouldn't pay you back in benefits compared to the cost of the premium. Better just to save your pennies. You might be able to get a discounted rate if you can pay for the whole thing up front.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment