Monday, February 21, 2011

dental x-ray costed me $135 (no insurance) !! is that normal?

They started with some new x-ray which has less radiation, but when they inserted the 1st strip in my mouth, I could'nt take the pain and it bruised my soft palate. So they did 6 B.W.X and rest x-ray was done with something that moved around my head, I guess its called digital x-ray. They charged me $135. Is this the normal price?
--------------------
Yes, thats about right. You could always go have a cleaning and x-rays taken at a school that teaches dental hygiene, if there is one that is close enough to where you live. It's worth looking into. At my school we charge $20 for just x-rays and then only $5 for a cleaning, if you were to have them done on different days, and $25 for a cleaning and x-rays at the same appointment.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment