Monday, February 21, 2011

How can I help my mother in law with a toothache?

I live in Washington State and My mother in law is in a lot of pain. She has a loose tooth that is needs to be extracted and has bone loss. It will cost me a fortune and I just dont have that kind of money. She recently just came to live with us and she doesn't have dental insurance. How do I get her some cheap dental insurance or some state aid dental program?
--------------------
I would call a local dental office because they always know of cheap dental insurances or state provided dental insurances. Also for the pain I would just give her some sort of strong pain killers (something w/o aspirin if she is going to have the tooth extracted... aspirin is a blood thinner so it wont clot like it's supposed to). That's basically all you can do for now. If she has bone loss she will NEED that tooth out ASAP because it can cause bone loss to surrounding teeth and then she'll be back in the same boat and needing another tooth extracted. I hope things work out with you all but please call a dental office and maybe they can even set up a payment plan with you. Usually extractions aren't too expensive if they are the non surgical ones (which this one may not be since it's loose already and on it's way out). I hope this helps!
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment