Monday, February 21, 2011

What have you found works best to get stains off your teeth?

I use tobacco and, of course, have the stains to go with them. I don't have dental insurance, so that's out. I use Targon mouthwash for the stains, but was wondering what you have found that helps get rid of tough dental stains over the counter?
--------------------
I smoke and I have found that the Arm & Hammer Bright Smile toothpaste is AMAZING! It's not a gel, it's a paste so it's got a lot of scrubbing power. Concentrate on the "I-teeth" b/c that's where most folks get more stain than their front teeth. You should see results in the first few days depending on how often you brush your teeth. I brush mine at least 3 times a day (used to be a DA.) It's about 4 bucks at Longs... in a yellow box. Good luck! Oh, one more tip for you, tobacco aside, try to avoid drinking beverages that don't have a straw. If you use a straw, you're able to direct the liquid towards the back of your mouth rather than have it splash across the front of your upper teeth-- this can help you avoid some stain, too. Try it for coffee, wine (I know, cheezy) etc.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment