Tuesday, March 1, 2011

abcess and no insurance?

I woke up this morning with my jaw the size of a baseball. I seem to have an abcessed tooth. I dont have dental insurance. What can I do? The only thing I can think of is to go to the ER cause they will just bill me later but will they be able to help me?
--------------------
Yes, the ER will be able to at least put you on an antibiotic for now, but you'll still need to see a dentist... don't wait, even though the swelling will decrease once the antibiotics take effect... the abscess can and will return. Also, keep in mind that just because you're getting billed by the ER, the fee will be considerably higher than if you went to see a dentist for an emergency visit......... just something to consider. Good luck to you~
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment