Friday, March 25, 2011

Can really bad infected teeth affect the rest of your health?

I have some really bad teeth... I have six teeth left on on the top part of my mouth and one of those is about 3/4 of the way gone,I have one that the back of it is all but gone. and one on the bottom that is really bad. the rest of the teeth on top have cavities. When the teeth flare up, my chin and the cheek on my left side get sores and things like bad acne on them...these are very tender and sore. I ahve no dental insurance. and I was wondering if all the infection in my teeth could be causing my health problem, and if so would I be able to have health insurance pickup for the pulling of the teeth and dentures.
--------------------
Please see your dentist. Those areas that are swelling are abcesses (infections). You need to be placed on antibiotics, and YES, those teeth can affect your general health. In addition, dental decay/abcesses can affect your heart by producing bacteria bacteria that gets into the bloodstream. Dental insurance is tough to come by in most areas unless you have an employer who offers it. Health insurance might cover some of the cost of the extractions but not for dentures. You could try your county dept. of social services and see if they will approve you for Medicaid. Then find a dentist who accepts it. You need to get this taken care of because it will cause other problems later on.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment