Thursday, March 10, 2011

Dental Insurence for poor people?

I have a friend who works full time, but his employer does not offer dental insurance. He has serious dental issues and needs work done ASAP. right now he is suffering a severely painful absence. He has bad credit so he can't finance the work he needs done, he tried and has been turned down. I was looking up cheap dental insurance but haven't really had much luck with anything that will kick in soon. The ER will only give him antibiotics but he needs a root canal, and even if he can get the ER to pull this tooth, he still has much more work that needs to be done. I came across something called "True Care Dental Plans". It's not Insurance though, it's a plan for $13.95/month that will give you a discount on certain dentist who participate in the plan, but you have to pay the rest of the fee in full up front. Does anyone have any ideas of how i can get his teeth taken care of? Im afraid he'll end up with dentures by the Time he's 30! Also here's the link for the True Care site maybe someone can understand it more then me. http://truedentaldiscounts.com/pickaplan.asp?OVKEY=dental%20plans%20g&gclid=CLj_uezlyZwCFeFM5QodLD57JQ
--------------------
From my experience it's really hard to find an actual dental insurance plan unless its offered through a group such as your job. However you should look in to dental discount plans. Although they are not actual insurance plans they can still help you save a significant amount of money. i recently joined this plan : http://www.healthplansplus.net/dentalplus.html It has actually saved me a lot of money. Dental insurance is not offered through my job and I feel like this is the next best thing. I initially joined the plan because I wanted to get braces, but the Orthodontist quoted me over $5,000. I started looking into these plans and Ameriplan saved me over $2500.00. My braces only ended up being $2400.00. These planes cover a pretty wide range of services, but you have to go to a dentists that is contracted with the plan. The plan that I purchased through Ameriplan is only about $8.00 per month. It's proven itself worth up until now. You can also ask your dentist office if they know of any insurance plans or discount plans that they participate in that would be beneficial to you. You can also visit this website and it can provide you with a list of dental plans in your area that you can enroll in: http://www.dentalplans.com/ Most dental office will also work out a in-house payment arrangement with you in conjuction with any dental plan. Hope this helps : -) Source(s): http://www.dentalplans.com/ http://www.healthplansplus.net/dentalplus.html
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment