Thursday, March 10, 2011

What is the total cost of Invisalign?

I've been looking into getting Invisalign however Im not sure how all the payments work. I have my health insurance structured so that I pay for the full doctors visit until I reach my deductible minimum. However my dental insurance covers half of all orthodontics. I have read that Invisalign costs around $5k for most cases. Is that the total cost you have to pay, or do you have to pay additional costs each time you go to the orthodontist on top of the $5k?
--------------------
I just got fitted for Invisalign for both my top and bottom teeth. It is costing me $5,000 total. I paid $2,200 up front and will be paying $200 a month for 14 months once the treatment begins (200 x 14 = 2800). The payments will be autodrafted from my credit card. So, it is $5000 total before insurance is applied. So, the $5000 was a total price for me but if you lose a retainer at any point in the process you would have to pay for a replacement (and they're not cheap!) My insurance was supposed to cover $1,500 of the 5k but I found out that my insurance (MetLife) only covers dependents under age 19 or students under age 23 so make sure you read the fine print (or call them directly)! I started a blog of my Invisalign experience so if you're interested in reading about my experience so far go to http://my-invisalign.blogspot.com/
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment