Saturday, March 12, 2011

Moving to Japan, Health Insurance? Please Help?

I'm in the process of planning/making arrangments on moving to Japan and health and dental insurance has really been on my mind. Right now I'm on my fathers insurance which can cover for me until I reach the age of 21 but only if I'm a full time student. I'm going to Japan to be a full time student so would my father's insurance still cover me even though I'll be out of the country for a year if not a little over? Or is it possible to still be under my fathers insurance and an international health insurance at the same time? If not what kind of insurance can I get and what are the average rates? I'm from the USA so is there a health insurance given through my government when going abroad? I also recently went to my dentist which he said I should get braces. If I do get the health insurance which I hope includes dental. Would you recommend seeing a dentist in Japan for braces or wait till I get back? My situation is that I'm going to Tokyo studying there and then when I come back to the states, apply for Japanese Universities so I would probably leave a couple months later. I'm really knew to all of this and would appreciate the help. I would go and ask my father's insurance but they will most likely ask what insurance agency I would apply to which I don't know of any and my reason for asking this question. Thanks in advance!
--------------------
healthquotes.awardspace.info - here is my health insurance plan. As I remember they can provide such a service.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment