Thursday, March 31, 2011

why is it there is no emergency dental care available like there is for medical such as an er?

Over the years I have paid for plenty of dental work. Root canals that failed, extractions..when I had the money I paid for it myself. At this time I have no dental insurance and am unemployed. My dental issues are affecting my health so badly that some days I can barely function. I am beyond extractions and need an oral surgeon. The problem is that they all want a pay as you go plan. Really and how do I do that if I am unemployed?..There is no dental Medicaid for my age group. And though I am currently seeking employment I can honestly say that days have I missed from my previous job were due to my teeth causing me health issues. I have been trying to jump through hoops to get help with this and I feel like its all about money. Last year an er doctor even wrote in my follow up paperwork that I can and will die from the abscesses I have if I do not get into an oral surgeon. Do oral surgeons not follow the same guidelines as doctors when it comes to helping people?...I would think they would want to save people not stand at the door and slam it in your face if you don't have cash even if it is life threatening..I am going to die from heart disease oe something from this crap all because I am..poor. Also it is almost a year later and I still have infections in my mouth I am tired of going to er's and clinics for antibiotics and they are tired of seeing me. If I had a dime for every time they told me to get to an oral surgeon I would be rich and have dentures by now.
--------------------
KIM, I EMPATHIZE WITH YOUR SITUATION. FOR SEVERAL DENTAL PATIENTS THE WISEST AND MOST BENEFICIAL CHOICE IS TO EXTRACT ALL AND HAVE BEAUTIFUL DENTURES. UNLIKE MEDICAL, DENTAL IS NOT IMMEDIATELY LIFE-THREATENING, SO THERE ARE NO DENTAL ER TO VISIT. DENTISTS DO OFFER EMERGENCY TREATMENT ON A CASE BY CASE BASIS, BUT A THROUGH PLAN MUST BE DISCUSSED AT THE BEGINNING AND YOU MUST BE THE BOSS OF YOUR OWN MOUTH AND CONSIDER THE OUTCOME OF WHAT YOU DECIDE IN 5, 10, OR MORE YEARS. I SENSE YOUR ANGER AND DISAPPOINTMENT WITH DENTISTRY. PLEASE BE EMPHATIC WITH ASKING THE DENTIST FOR WHAT YOU WANT. TEETH ARE VERY NICE TO HAVE WHEN HEALTHY, BUT THEY AREN'T REQUIRED FOR LIFE. CONSIDER DENTURES.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment