Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Dental implant now? or Bridge temporary?

I currently have a winged bridge fused to metal it's the tooth left to my two front teeth. I've had the bridge since I was 15...so about 6 years now since the tooth never came in. I'm looking into a dental implant- the insurance I got through my work currently has started covering implants this year. As well as I have insurance still through my parents. Unfortunately for this year I have used up the insurance with my parents (1500) on two veneers for my two front teeth. So I'm currently left with the 1500 on 2nd insurance. So my question is....Since starting next year I will have the 1500 through my parents to cover the crown for the implant and my 2nd insurance to cover the actual insurance...should I just wait until next year to do that? Currently since I still have the 1500 through my 2nd insurance should I temporarily get a new all porcelain winged bridge until next year? Or will doing this cause more harm to my adjacent teeth? Thanks!
--------------------
Be careful with the two insurance plans. A lot of insurance companies do coordination of benefits which means the second will balk at paying more that the max regardless of which plan paid the first $1500.00. The insurance companies coordinate their databases to verify that somebody isn't submitting above the limit. They instituted this when they discovered a lot of working spouses were covering each other with their work plans and getting around the yearly limits. If you can get the implant done later this year (it has to sit in place for 4-6 months) before the crown can be applied. After the first of next year get the crown.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment