Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Is there any1 who is a dentist here? Or a dental assitant?

I have recently visited a doctor in where we devised a plan to pull my remaining 5 teeth so I can get immediate dentures. I was shocked however to find out it would be 580$ even with insurance. He had said he was going to do a bone plaining or grafting procedure (not sure of the term here) so that my denture will fit more comfortably. My question is do I have to do this? can I just have my teeth pulled and the immediate dentures placed without the bone smoothing procedure to bring down my cost? I cannot afford all of that at this point, can I ask my dentist to forgo the bone smoothing for now? Will a dentist do that? PLEASE ANSWER! I need teeth! I believe the name of the procedure is Alveoplasty: Smoothing the Jawbone, do I have to have this? can I not get that procedure?
--------------------
You should ideally have the alveoplasty. With out getting into technical terms, it's hard to explain why. Just kind of think of it as trying to put in a road. The contractors first have to smooth the ground and area to get the pavement flat. It's kind of the same way with your mouth. The alveolar ridge is full of bumps and crevices. In order not to create more serious problems like gum erision, etc. they need to first smooth out the area where the denture will be seated. Hope that makes sense! Perhaps you can talk to your dentist about financing, or applying for credit through Carecredit.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment