Wednesday, April 27, 2011

If you get laid off from your job, how long more are your health benefits supposed to last?

I just got laid off from my job at UPS and the rule with the company is you have to work 60 hours the previous month to qualify for health/dental insurance. I did a great job there and there is a chance they could hire me back in a week or two, but in the meantime, are my medical benefits still valid for another month since I worked 60 hours last month? Or do they cease immediately because I've been "laid off?"
--------------------
It depends on how you have been paying for them. If you have been paying a month in advance then yes they would continue because they have to give you what you paid for. But if you pay for them for the month you are in then no because you have already stopped working there you can't go in and pay for them. Just call your HR they will know how long you have.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment