Saturday, April 9, 2011

Help I Live in Texas and Have No Insurance and my teeth are going to kill me if I don't get them pulled..?

I live in Texas and I have no income (my partner supports us) I have no car and No Insurance. My teeth are very bad and about to become a major health hazard. I cannot afford to see the dentist about dentures let alone pay for that procedure. Can anyone give me a direction on how I might be able to get dental care being uninsured and low income in Central Texas (Killeen area) Thank You.
--------------------
Well, you do have some options. I'm not from the Texas area, but based on what I would tell you about my area, you should be able to cross-apply some of this. First, you can consider going to a local dental school. Here you will be able to have the procedures done for a lesser amount that you could at your typical dentist's office. Second, consider going to a local hospital, especially one that serves lower income areas. Many hospitals have a dental department in them, and those dentists would also be able to treat you for less than a typical dentist's office. Third, you can consider applying for outside financing. If you (or your partner, or anyone close to you) has decent credit, you can try to apply for a few different programs. All the programs work the same: you charge out an amount, and the dentist's office will pay your interest rate so you pay no interest on the charged amount. For example, you could have a $1200 procedure done at 12 months interest free. That makes your payments $100 per month, which is better than trying to pay $1200 at once. One program is called Care Credit, another is the Citi Health Card, and a final one is through Capital One. Finally, you can just go to a dentist's office and see if they will work with you. Let them know your situation and see if they can help you. They may give you a discount or even give you very manageable payments. I know of one person that is paying off $25 per month on a $1,000 balance. It's all she can do, and the dentist's office was very understanding. You never know until you try, and you'll never know until you ask.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment