Saturday, April 9, 2011

I have very slight sensitivity in one of my molar teeth...would I need a root canal?

I have been without dental insurance for almost 2 years now. I think I can see a tiny black spot on my tooth and I have just recently noticed on and off slight sensitivity in that tooth. I know it's probably a cavity, but since I can feel a sensitivity would that automatically mean that it has hit the nerve and I would need a root canal?
--------------------
Slight sensitivity is not an indicator that a root canal is needed. Swelling, constant severe pain. not being able to tap or bite on the tooth, these are symptoms of more severe problems that would need a root canal. But get the cavity fixed before it gets worse and you do need a root canal.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment