Saturday, May 21, 2011

Am I receiving proper dental care or am I being mistreated?

I've always been leery of dentists and something never felt right. I've had bad experiences but I need answers. I've been going to this dentist for 2 years now. I started going to him originally because the dentist I went to before packed a cavity, the filling fell out a week later, he repacked it sloppy while cursing up and down, 3 yrs later badly infected tooth. So this dentist I've been going to for 2 years starts by fixing my infected tooth and gave me a root canal. He was so friendly and polite, I trusted him. I never trusted a dentist before that. I regret it now. So after my first cleaning he puts this stick against my teeth that has a small red dot light on the end to see if I have cavities. He tells me I have eight!! So its now two years later and he has done 10-12 of my teeth, 4 of my husbands, prescribed me a night-guard (when I know for a fact I don't grind my teeth and there are no signs of me grinding my teeth) and before him I only had two cavities filled. Now before him those two cavities were silver fillings, he has done all my fillings since then and their all white fillings. A filling he did last year fell out of my back tooth this october. He got me in his office 24-48 hours later and filled it. I said, "This is the filling you did why did it fall out". He tells me, "I didn't do that filling!" Now I saved the filling when it fell out, I felt it, it was loose for a while. The filling was the size of a pin head. Now when he was drilling the whole I felt like he was struggling with it, or drilling it more than needed to be done. So I go home look at it my tooth is gone for the gum line to almost the bottom on that on side?!?! From a pin hole to that? Not only that, there is a slit the size of my nail (because my nail fits in there) of open space between my tooth and the gum line that's exposed for water and food to get in and it hurts. Now me and my husband never had tooth sensitivity before, but since he did our teeth it comes and goes no matter how much time passes. So from the beginning my husband warned me to find another dentist that this one is money hungry. And I ignore all the signs, saying, " He's a nice professional, has up-to-date equipment, and its hard to find a good dentist their all butchers." Boy, was I right! I really woke up with his attitude and the way he drilled this tooth. Then I look back at all the facts. Now his secretary is trying to charge a yearly deductible. My insurance says I have no "dental yearly deductible in or out of network". This secretary argues it being rude saying stuff like, "I could tell you were a tight *** when I talked to your over the phone!". That comment was in regards to her sending a FINAL notice to my house saying I owe $30 dollars from 7 and a half months ago? And that if I don't pay they have the right to start charging %20 interest and they'll turn it over to a collection agency. I never even got a phone call before that. Then she says its $60 dollars, then oh wait, no $30 again. Then she bills the wrong insurance trying to get a hundred some dollars. All the while saying stuff to me like, " Look, I don't need to hear you just pay what you owe, I know you called a week ago I didn't return it because you should just pay, Your a liar you didn't talk to your insurance company, etc." So I get an insurance representative to finally call her, she says" no we never asked her to pay a yearly deductible"!!!!!!! BS And this secretary just started this summer, the old one I never had a problem with. I always pay right away and on time. This new secretary accused the old one of stealing? I do not believe her because she's always changing her story. So my questions are, what kind(s) of action can I take? Did he mess up that tooth I was talking about because I feel its gonna lead to a root canal? Can anyone recommend a good dentist in philadelphia? I am so consummed with anger its not even funny. I've been crying and stressed out relentlessly. I feel I'm going to loose my tooth by the time I'm forty. He took my health for profit, you can't replace that. How cruel is that!! I do not deserve to be treated like that by him or his secretary! What can I do?
--------------------
wow... okay... first, you can never know for sure if you're grinding while you're sleeping. stress can cause you to grind while you're asleep. since you already have the night guard, i would just advise you to keep using it. second, sometimes, cavities can be overlooked. maybe when you went to this dentist, he found some cavities that were undiagnosed by the previous dentist. third, replacing silver filling with white fillings is good since the white material doesn't contain mercury. now, to the tricky parts... pin sized filling fell out? maybe a piece broke off as opposed to the whole filling falling out? but he shouldn't have drilled more... that's where my issue is. he maybe would've drilled for like 2 seconds, but not a lot. the secretary is a dumba*s. you need to report her to the dentist, the manager, the better business bureau. also, if you believe your dentist is doing unlawful and unethical things... report him to the dental board of your state. i don't want to justify anything he did, but after reading more into it, your story did start to seem like they were money hungry. but the beginning does seem right...
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment