Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Can I get the credit I have on file at my dentist office refunded in cash?

Does anyone know if I can get my money back? Last year I had dental surgery and had to pay over a $1000 upfront because the dental office stated it was in case my insurance didn't cover it. Well, my insurance company did. They told me it would be a credit on file for future visits and that it could be transferred between me and my husband. Well, it's been almost a year and we still haven't used it. Plus, we will be moving out of state in Febuary. So I don't see the point in keeping a credit on file that it close to $1100 at an office I will never visit again. Can I get my money back? Or will I have to threaten to sue?Thanks
--------------------
Absolutely... Simply walk into the Dentist office, explain the situation as it currently exists, and ask for a full and immediate refund. They can not refuse you your money back. If for some odd reason (like, well that's not our policy) they do refuse you your money back, then simply tell them you will be filing a claim against them in the court of small claims. I am certain you must have some record of the original pre-payment of $1,000, add to that any paperwork you may have from your insurance company proving their payments to that office. If it comes to that you will also be able to recover any court costs (filing fees) as well as payment for the time off you needed to both file the claim and show up in court on the assigned court date. If you have all the necessary paperwork as proof, your Dentist does not stand a chance in hell. This type of thing really steams my bean.. I have long been a fighter or advocate for PRINCIPLE! Good Luck..
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment