Friday, May 6, 2011

Can my boss legally force me to take the company health insurance?

I work for a very small company. They "offer" us insurance but I pay for it, the cost coming out of my biweekly paycheck. I found the same plan, with the same insurance co. for less than half the price if I do it on my own. Can my boss force me to participate in the company insurance? They added dental to the plan 6 months ago. I told them originally I didn't want dental, but they said I HAD to have dental, because either everyone got it, or no one got it since it's a small office. I'm afraid they'll have the same policy for the health insurance. I've worked here for 3 years and I like the work so please don't advise me to quit.
--------------------
If the company that you work for offer this insurance and you are their employee and they pay part of the insurance than you do have to go along with the plan.If they pay O they can't force you to take the insurance if you are paying 100%. Have you discussed this with your boss? This would be the first thing I would do. I don't think you should quit, but just make sure that the company isn't paying a % of the insurance.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment