Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Child support special expenses when custodial parent doesn't work.?

I pay child support. But the mother who has the custody doesn't work, she lives with her parents. She doesn't have plans to work. Now, child support pays for basic needs, but the law says that for special expenses (vacations, travel tickets, health/dental insurance, private school, college, university) parents must share the expenses according to their incomes. But her income is 0, so I must pay 100%. I've been paying 100% of those expenses cause I love my child, but I feel this is not fair. Also I live in Canada and the mother in the caribbean, so I spent a lot of money each month to visit my child. The mother's parent help with the basic needs but they don't want to pay for this "special expenses". Is this ok? When we set up the agreement for child support, the court ordered an X amount for child support, but I agreed to pay twice Xto ensure the baby would have a good quality of life.
--------------------
Try to gain custody. Sounds like she could ill afford a good lawyer..
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment