Tuesday, May 3, 2011

If someone puts you as their power of attorney(my grandfather) can i add them to my health/dental insurace?

He's 80 years old and only had Medicare. I have insurance through my job and I was told this could happen, does anyhow know if this is true and if so how do you go about doing it?
--------------------
Power of atorney has nothing to do with it. I work in the medical field, did 2 years in records alone. POA is only active when your grandfather is incapable of making his own decisions and it expires when he expires. And it only gives you access to records and lets you make medical decisions. I don't know what type of insurance you have at work but I have never heard of one letting you cover your grandparents, only spouses and children. Sorry I wish I had better news for you.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment