Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Comfort Dental - anyone else have bad experience?

Ok, so I went 3 years without a cleaning which is not like me. For one though I had a couple of kids, and decided that since I was on my husband's dental plan I should use that, which unfortunately my Dentist that I have been going to since I was 5 was not on the list. So recently I decided I better get in, and also my son needs his first checkup. I came to realize that the only place I could go is Comfort Dental. The Dr. does a quick check of my teeth and tells me that since it's been 3 years I need a 'deep cleaning'. Come to find out as I was checking out that it will cost me (with my insurance) $320 ! And she said they don't do payment plans, and was snotty with me when I said that I didn't have that kind of money to put up front. I ended up calling my old dentist and the receptionist there said she was disturbed that I was told I needed a 'deep cleaning'. I have decided that I will actually save more by paying out of pocket going to my old dentist who I actually trust. Comfort Dental felt like they were just trying to get money out of me. Plus I was also displeased as I was sitting in the waiting room and I heard the receptionist on the phone (with an insurance company I presume), tell them a SSN# out loud. If I wanted to I could of written it down and used it! Where are the HIPPA laws on that? I guess I'm wondering if others are displeased with Comfort Dental, and if anyone knows who I could make a complaint to. Somehow I think complaining to them won't make much of a difference.
--------------------
Sounds like a mill....you have to be with someone you trust! Do payment plans, whatever....it is worth it!
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment