Wednesday, May 18, 2011

I'm trying to get myself health insurance but girlfriend is pregnant. Do I just not tell them?

Ok, I am trying to setup my health insurance at work. I just found out the other day that my girlfriend is 8weeks pregnant. She has already gotten on medicaid so im not worried about having to cover her or the baby....just myself. Anyways, I called some big insurance provider and had everything setup. then I siad my girlfriend is pregnant will the baby be covered....and pretty much the siren sounded and I was told I cant get insurance. So should I just call a different place and not say anything about my girlfriend? I dont want to wait 9 months to get insurance, I really need some dental work. What do I do people?
--------------------
I don't know who you called or why, but if you're getting group health insurance through work for yourself, your girlfriend's pregnancy shouldn't matter as she is not covered anyway. When your baby is born, you can add the child (but not your girlfriend) to your policy.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment