Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A few questions about a frenulectomy?

this is my tongue-tie: http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/5391/… I didn't know what this was until my sister started nursing school...I just knew my tongue was different from everyone elses. But anyway, so I'm 20 years old and I want the surgery. I want to be able to stick my tongue out...to lick an ice cream cone...to sing a higher range because I'd be able to lift my tongue on higher notes. What kind of doctor would perform this surgery? Is it a dentist? Do you think insurance might cover it, health insurance or dental insurance? How much would it cost (my tongue-tie is the most extreme of types of cases)? And do you think I'd have to have speech therapy in learning to keep my tongue down while I talk so it doesn't all hang out? They've never had to use a tongue depressor on me lol... I've looked on websites and I know the technical information like what they do...but I'd really like to hear some personal experiences.
--------------------
well you need to get a frenectomysurgery done by a oral and maxillofacial surgeon , such kind of surgeries are orthognathic surgeries, in frenectomy they remove the tissue which is leading to tongue tie from its most anterior position and followed by sutures. well even though after surgey if you are not able to speak properly than you can go for speech therapy.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment