Wednesday, May 18, 2011

I have a lot of cavities, what should i do?

i have about 4 cavities and i never been to a dentist before. i need to know what the doctor will do to fix it and how they will fix the cavity that is on the SIDE of my tooth. i know i have dental insurance but im not sure if it will still come out to be expensive for one or even for all 4 cavities. please help me understandd.
--------------------
If the cavities just need fillings, then most insurances cover 80% - you might owe $80 - $100 per cavity. If the cavities are bad and require a root canal and crown then it costs more. Most insurances cover 80% on a root canal and 50% on a crown. I normally owe about $170 on a root canal and about $350 on a crown (porcelain). Yes, I have crappy teeth :) - even though I brush and floss almost all of my teeth have been crowned. They will only get worse the longer you wait, so go ahead and schedule an appointment.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment