Tuesday, May 24, 2011

I have 3 shih tzu dogs. 11yrs, 7yrs and 4 yrs. What pet insurance is there for my oldest?

My 11yr old is a neutered male and has teeth problems. He never lost all of his baby teeth. The Vet wanted to pull the 5-6 teeth at $170 a piece. I know it's really important to keep their teeth clean...so, I need pet insurance on him. My 7yr old was a neglected dog when I adopted her 6 yrs ago. She's very hyper and panics alot. She has had seizures. The vet I saw before prescribed her some valium for her seizures. That helped alot. My 4yr olad gets sick in the car, so the past vet RX'd acepromazine and that worked well. I've been looking for a new vet because this one is SOO expensive, but, when i call around to the different vets and tell them about the dogs and that two are on meds, I've had one say "well, we don't give out meds to dogs unless we develop a personal relationship with them"....what if the dog is diabetic? Do they have to wait to get to bond before the dog gets his medication? Is this normal and where should I look or pet insurance for older dogs that include dental.? Thank you~
--------------------
petsmart has a great pet insurance i had it for my own dog and they also do dental so go check it out
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment