Tuesday, May 24, 2011

No dental insurance afterall, am I in trouble?

I am currently working at a hospital a total of 20 hours a week. You need to work at least 24 hours a week to be elidegable for insurance. My boss said that I would be getting "more hours soon" so I called the hospital and they sent me the paper work for the insurance. Shortly after, I had a root canal done. This root canal cost $807. No crown. I told him about my situation and he said he would hold off on charging me and would see if the insurance would cover it in a few months. Well, the insurance didn't go through after all and I am stuck with the bill which I am hoping my family will help me with. Can I get in trouble for any of this? I am only asking because the secretary keeps calling me and she sounds mean. :-( She doesn't understand what it's like to be a poor college student.
--------------------
Well, you're going to have to pay. So what does "get in trouble" mean? If you don't pay the bill, eventually they'll send it to collections, and get a judgement against you. Then they'll be able to collect interest, too, and get an attachment against any wages - current OR future.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment