Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Should I try to save my uppers or just get dentures?

I am already missing my front two top teeth and one top one on the side. I have fillings in all of the top teeth already and now the dentist is recommending that I continue to try to save them...but I have at least 4 new cavities and that is without even looking at ex-rays. I am so tired of spending money on dental work b/c I have no insurance. He says dentures are a bad idea, but I am so tired of not wanting to smile..(even with a partial, I am to paranoid to really smile)..Just looking for advice or experiences. By the way I am only 27. Thanks.
--------------------
Well, I would suggest trying to keep your teeth. I know it gets old, but there is nothing like your own teeth. Think about trying to chew with plastic teeth! You are so young, I would do anything I could to save my teeth. Have you looked into Care Credit?? They have a 12 mo no interest payment plan if that's something you may be interested in. You can check it out at www.carecredit.com. Just some helpful advice........stay away from soda =). Between the sugar & the acid it's one of your teeths worst enemies. Good luck =)
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment