Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Sonic, Waterpik, Interplak, Oral B power toothbrush?

I want to take better care of my teeth but I'm not sure what products that I should get. I don't have dental insurance so this is something that is a high priority to me. Which of these products do you recommend? Have you seen a difference in using the products? What is something that I should be aware of when using the products? Thanks.
--------------------
Depends on your problems. A Sonicare toothbrush is my favorite. It is one of the only electric toothbrushes proven to knock plaque off your teeth even if you don't get it held right up against the tooth like you should, but the price tag is $100-130. However, it does last several years. My dad just replaced his after 8 years. If you are highly ticklish in the mouth I don't recommend this. If you can't afford this any cheap electric toothbrush is better than a regular one. If you aren't a great flosser, have braces, or gum problems a Water pik is amazing. I prefer Waterpik b/c they have the new cordless handheld which allows you to add mouthwash into the tank and use that for an added cleaning bonus. With these you have to be very careful not to use it on high. Also, you actually point it at your tooth at a 90degree angle. Do not point the water stream directly down into the gums. This can actually tear the ligaments that hold your gums against your tooth. Instead, you want the 90 degree angle which allows the stream of water to pass over the gumline and creates a vacuum action that sucks things out from under the gums. People with braces can go around their brackets with this also.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment