Sunday, June 12, 2011

Are there any decent student health insurance programs out there?

Because if there are, I can't find any. The one offered through my school is a joke, but my Google-fu has so far revealed that they all are. My parents don't have insurance, and in fact I've *never* had health insurance so I don't even know where to begin looking, really, but I'm tired of paying outrageous out-of-pocket expenses for urgent care center visits from time to time. I think my wisdom teeth might be coming in, so I desperately need dental coverage to go get that looked at, because there's no way I can afford it (and the likely surgery to follow). But all the student health programs I keep finding basically say that you're only covered in case of acute illnesses or injuries, not for simple things like vision and dental. I'd prefer a student health plan because the rates generally seem to be better (I'm a grad student and I don't make much money. As in, at all. Plus I'm in debt up to my eyeballs thanks to school, so cost is a big factor for me but so is at least halfway decent coverage). But am I going to have to suck it up and just get regular health insurance? I'm not covered under my job's plan, as I'm a graduate assistant and thus considered part-time, but I don't know what else to do. Advice?
--------------------
healthplans.bebto.com - my family have this health insurance. It is affordable and has good coverage for dental issues.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment