Sunday, June 12, 2011

Bad Dental Crowns - multiple replacements, what to do!!?

I had 2 dental crowns done in 2006 by a highly recommended dentist that many of my friends and family were using. A year later I moved out of the area and had to visit another highly recommended dentist. She showed me the X-RAYS of the 2 crowns and I could clearly see openings with cavities underneath the crowns. I got very upset and frustrated, but had those crowns re-done because I didn't want to loose my teeth. I called my first dentist and after some negotiation he refunded my out of pocket expenses, so the new crowns were no cost to me. A year later I moved again and went to another highly reommended dentist that several people at my just have been using for over 20 years...and it turns out the SAME "new" crowns that were just re-done a year ago have openings with cavities! Insurance doesn't cover replacement sooner than in 5 years, so everything will have to come out of my pocket ($2600), not to mention the pain assosiated with crown removal and lack of trust - do I have to do it AGAIN in a year? I guess the question is, can I get my money refunded by the second dentist? I spoke with her and she is willing to fix it, however I live in a different state and multiple trips across the country to the dentist will cost me almost as much as getting them crowns re-done locally...Should I ask for a full refund? Lawyer? This situation is very frustrating... Thanks for your answers
--------------------
I would recommend getting a second opinion first. It's your cheapest option and different dentists take different approaches to each case and restorations. No Dentistnwants it to be their fault if a case fails, they may appreciate the second opinion also. Good luck.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment