Thursday, June 2, 2011

Can a doctor, eye doctor specifically, look up your insurance information if you don't have an insurance card?

I have insurance through my parents, however, I only have my dental card in my possession. I can't print temporary cards because I am not the main person on the account. I have tried ordering new cards but I don't have enough information to do so. I do not talk to my parents at all, so calling them is out of the question. Right now I need to order new contacts. I have my last ones in my eyes and my vision is getting blurry. These won't last much longer. Can I walk into a eye office and have them look up my insurance. I have my group number, my SS card, birth certificate. Will they be able to see I have insurance or do they need that card? Right now I can't afford to pay out of pocket.
--------------------
Yes, as long as you know who the provider is. And, start mending fences with the folks, you will need them down the road someday.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment