Thursday, June 2, 2011

is it okay to take amoxocillian that is a year and half old?? My wisdom teeth are infecting my gums....?

I called western dental, because I dont have insurance, my teeth have been hurting me since Sunday and I am sure it is my wisdom teeth, I called and the dentist receptionist said that I most likley have an infection, and I need to take amocillian, but I dont have the $cash they need right now to get the antibiotics....
--------------------
You need to take the advice of 'Dr. Receptionist" with a grain of salt. No one should make a diagnosis over the phone, especially an hourly employee. If the gingival tissue over/around your wisdom teeth is merely inflamed, not infected, you may be taking the amoxicillin without good reason. The indiscriminate use of antibiotics is causing a problem worldwide with the development of resistant strains of bacteria. Find a way to have your problem diagnosed properly so that it can be treated properly. Incidentally, the amoxicillin you have may or may not still be effective.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment