Friday, June 3, 2011

Dental work while on maternity leave...?

I'm currently on EI for illness (health troubles related to the pregnancy) and switching over to maternity leave within the next month. I'm going to need some dental work done soon but I don't have any kind of dental plan or coverage, and I'm wondering if there is some way that employment insurance will cover the cost of that? I've heard that ei covers dental work up to $500 yearly, but I don't actually know if this is true or how to set that up so that I can go to the dentist, as I don't have the money to pay for the work right now
--------------------
If you are in Canada....no. Employment Insurance provides temporary financial assistance to you while you are unemployed (to those that qualify) but no other medical or dental on top of that.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment