Friday, June 3, 2011

Question for those working in the dental field?

Last year, I began seeing a new dentist who participated with my BCBS Dental as well as my Ameriplan discount. My dental benefits were maxed out so I used Ameriplan and told them I'd have full dental coverage the following year. It's time for my annual cleaning and the lady at the dentist's office told me that "Ameriplan must be billed as primary because it is in my name", whereas my BCBS dental is through my husband's employer. I reminded her that Ameriplan is NOT insurance, it's just a discount plan and that I would indeed be utitlizing my insurance coverage instead. She continued to argue with me until I said, "FINE. Get rid of the Ameriplan from my records. Pretend I don't have it because I am NOT paying for something out of pocket when I have insurance to cover it". Is she just stupid or am I missing something here?
--------------------
The girl at the office would be correct if Ameriplan was an insurance. But because it is a discount plan you are correct and should speak with the office manager or person in charge. The BCBS should be used until maxed out as you stated happened before.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment