Friday, June 3, 2011

Should i go to a dental school to get my teeth done? Anyone have any personal experiences with that?

I lost my insurance last year that i had under my parents because well... i turned 21 (rolls eyes) Anyway for a year now i just have not been able to get a freaking job and even if i did it would be some small time retail job that wouldn't even offer me insurance. I do want to go back to school but under certain circumstances i have to work first then go to school. Or else i would have went last year and been extended on the insurance until i was 24. I been looking online hearing about going to dental schools to get work done? Which idk how bad my situation is if i should wait till i come across some money or not. Before my insurance ran out (literally right before) I had one root canal done and several fillings. I was okay for awhile... until now. Whenever i eat all of sudden my back teeth are now hurting. Anything cold is PAINFUL and if i suck in air it hurts as well. I had such a PAINFUL time at the dentist with all that work but at the end of the day through all of that apparently a problem can still arise. Has anyone had any personal experience going to the dental students? Or heard anything about that? I'm a little nervous about it and i CAN NOT afford if something goes wrong. I can't even afford to go! But if i muster up the money to do it i wanna know about it first. I think it is the bottom back teeth more then the top. My right top tooth in the back has a crown on it
--------------------
OUCH!!! Sounds like you are miserable. If you do not have dental insurance, there is anything wrong with going to a dental school to have treatment done. Another thing you might consider is going to a small dental practice....maybe an "older, small-town" kind of dentist that would take an initial down payment and let you make payments for the remainder (yes, these do exist, my MIL sees one and she has no dental insurance). I would suggest you call around and also ask friends/extended family who their dentist is and if they don't have dental coverage, inquire if their dentist works out arrangements. Sorry you're having teeth issues, best wishes in getting it resolved. Sounds like some trolls or a jackazz or two got to your question before someone with a decent answer did....there is nothing remotely "spoiled" or "uneducated" about your question!
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment