Saturday, June 4, 2011

How do you make important budgeting strategies if everything u want to do seems equally imporant?

So, I make a pretty good amount an hour, but have carnote, pay daycare for 2 kids, plus clothes, my half of all expenses from rent, utilities, cheap cell phone bill, blah blah blah........ I am getting child support so that makes it alot easier, but there are sooooo many things that seem high dollar that I need to get done.......I need to make a dental appt (which I know will be about $200), belts replaced on my car engine (up to $400), a new catalytic converter on my car (upwards of $1000 possibly more. Had to afro-engineer it last year to get thru marta), my car painted, get insurance on my car (down payment will hurt on that one - have a high insurable car) and pay off alot of other bills (not big amounts, just small) ...........I need it all done NOW, but I dont know what to concentrate on, I feel like if I do one, then another will bite me in the butt.......any suggestions?
--------------------
First off I want to say I'm sorry for what you are facing. That is a big load to carry and I tip my hat to you for all you need to do. Well I'm assuming you need your car to make money. If this is the case you need to focus on the mechanical issues first. Painting it should be last on the list. If you can then get it fixed, gt insurance. If you cannot get it fixed, let your insurance lapse and while using public transportation take the extra insurance money and save it to fix the car and get your teeth fixed. Then start making bigger payments on your other debts. The best thing you can do right now is not get overwhelmed, take things day-by-day, don't miss out on the wonder of being a mother by worrying about tomorrow. You can and will make it through this and you will be stronger as a result.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment