Saturday, June 4, 2011

What does it mean when your insurance lists "dental vendor" as part of your benefits?

This is kind of an emergency-I need to hurry up and see a dentist, today, but I do not know if dentistry is covered with my plan. I tried calling, but the recording said they were closed for the holiday. Online it says in the "other benefits" section, that "dental vendor" is included. Does this mean that it will cover my check up at the dentist's office? Please help!
--------------------
If it is a medical plan, most do not cover dental unless you were involved in an accident (ie. your teeth got knocked out or broken). You need to read you policy, maybe got to their online web page and seek out the "definitions" section to see what is covered. ps. your not going to get to see a dentist on the holiday without going to an emergency room.. thought dentists are not staffed in hospitals. You need to call you regular dentist (they should have an "incase of emergencies" part to their recording... if it is pain... I would suggest going to the ER and see if a doc will get you a script until tuesday.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment