Thursday, June 9, 2011

Inflammation in my joints and in a month wont have insurance?

Inflammation in my joints but in a month I wont have insurance? Okay, Im 21, and as of Jan 1 I wont be on my parents insurance any longer, because I wont be in school anymore. My boyfriend and I got our own apartment because he has a great job so we moved out of our parents houses and closer to his work. He has insurance now, and now I wont. Anyways, for a few months I've been having extreme joint and muscle pain and I went to the rheumatolgist and he told me I have carpal tunnel in both wrists and I have been in so much pain with it I can barely sleep at night or do housework. Anyways, I also have pain in my legs and feet as well so they did bloodwork. I talked to him yesterday and he told me that I have inflammation and is prescribing me anti inflammatory medicine. He wants to re-do the bloodwork in 6 weeks with a bone scan...but by then I wont have insurance...what do i do???? PS- I know I need to get a job to get insurance, which ive been trying to do since august since i graduated dental assisting school and ive been trying to get a job since then but everywhere wants someone with more experience, so i might go to a phlebotomy training workshop in janaury. I have been looking like crazy tho for a job that offers insurance. And usually you have to wait like 3-6 months after working anyway. Thanks for everyones answers!
--------------------
You should see if his insurance policy covers domestic partners. I know Blue Cross Blue Shield, Aetna, United Healthcare, and CIGNA all do. As long as you're both over the age of 18, not married to anyone else, have been together for 12 months, and live together you should be able to be added onto his insurance. You might have to fill out a domestic partner form, but you should definately check that out. And if not then I would suggest trying to find a full time job to get insurance even if it's just temporary or try to find a private insurance that doesn't have a pre-existing condition exclusion. Good luck and I hope you feel better!
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment