Friday, June 10, 2011

New Age Dental's Dr. Richie Lerias aka Mommy Dearest?

Has anyone ever had a Dentist go off like Joan Crawford from Mommy Dearest? I have been going to Skokie New Age Dental for castings and molds for a complete set of dentures. I've ask questions such as what Dental Lab do you use and what are the steps for extractions? Each time the dentist Dr. Richie Lerias has been offended and given me answers such as."Why are you asking?", "I'm a professional and I use a professional Lab." "I extract teeth professionally." "Don't be a problem." My dentures and extractions will cost over $3,000.00 and I will have to live with the dentures for at least ten years. As well as it's my mouth and money so I feel I should be able to ask all the questions I want and they should be answered with a smile. Well when the final upper denture were made I noticed black spots and a hair had been cured onto the surface of some of the teeth! When I questioned these things Dr. Richie Lerias told me he would give me the address of the dental lab and I could take the denture there and ask them to fix it. I was shocked. Now he'll tell me the name of the Dental Lab and wants me to solve this issue! I said to Dr. Richie Lerias, "I'm paying over $3,000.00 and you want me to solve this problem?" Dr. Richie Lerias responds, "The lab will charge me if they have to replace a tooth and I'm not paying for that." "You can hardly see the hair anyway." I told him these are not $10.99 dentures and for the money I'm paying I want the dentures as perfect as possible. If you buy a new car at a new car price, you don't want dents and dings on the frame do you? Well his response was to show me what a male Joan Crawford would look like. His eyes glazed over. He ripped off his protective lab cover, roughly peeled off his gloves, slammed the dentures on the counter and yelled "I will not have you criticize my work! I'll keep these teeth and refund your money!" At that point I'm all for it. I don't want Mommy Dearest anywhere near my mouth. He might use a wire hanger for the extractions! I rush off to the restroom (stress makes me need to go) and when I came out of the restroom, Dr. Richie Lerias was standing there with the Dental Assistant and the receptionist Monica to confront me Again and remind me that HE WILL NOT HAVE HIS WORK CRITICIZED!! Stay away from Dr. Richie Lerias at SKOKIE NEW AGE DENTAL, MORTON GROVE NEW AGE DENTAL and PALENTINE NEW AGE DENTAL unless you want teeth with hair and want to get in trouble with Mommy Dearest aka Dr. Richie Lerias. I'm giving the Managing partners a day to respond to my complaints, and then I'm reporting this to the American Dental Association, the Illinoiss Dental Association, The Better Business Bureau and Aetna Insurance my insurance company. Has anyone else ever experienced this type of situation and what did you do? If this happened to you, what would you do?
--------------------
Well its actually the labs fault so he should have said so and then tried to follow it up himself or the patient can go directly and sort it out, most dentists go for the former although the latter is not a no no. The fault lies with the lab actually and should be sorted out by them.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment