Friday, June 10, 2011

Why get Cobra insurance if it costs at least 2x?

I recently left my job, and I received a Cobra notice in the mail that I qualify for Cobra for around $400 per month (health, dental, vision) But when I search the web, it seems like I can just buy my own policy for less than $200 per month. And it appears to be the exact same Blue Cross plan I was on. Am I missing something? Thanks
--------------------
If you qualify for the individual Blue Cross plan you will likely save money over the COBRA offering however it is not likely the same health coverage and most certainly does not include dental or vision coverage. As an agent I helped many clients save money by purchasing individual coverage. However, be very sure that you are approved for the new coverage before you reject COBRA. You don't want to find yourself in a position where you reject COBRA and not qualified for the Blue Cross individual plan.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment