Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Ohip health insurance during waiting period?

Hi, I am a Canadian citizen, however I have been living in the United States for the last 12 years. I am planning on moving back to Ontario, but I understand there is a 3 month waiting period before you are able to obtain your ohip card. Where can I buy health insurance to cover me during the three month waiting period? Please don't tell me "buy private insurance" I already know that. But none of the insurance companies seem to have anything I need. They offer life insruance, dental, supplemental, Travel but I don't see any regular old health insurance. I am sure I am not looking in the correct places or for the correct thing, but I don't know what else to look for! If you could give me specific websites selling the insurance I need PLEASE that would be just splendid!! :-) Thank you very much for your help!
--------------------
During the waiting period, you can purchase private health insurance through a private insurance company if you meet the company's eligibility requirements. Contact a private insurance company or call the Canadian Life and Health Insurance Association Inc. at 1-800-268-8099. In Toronto, call 777-2344. (or outside Toronto but in an area where the toll free number doesn't work, put 416 in front)
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment